Some exciting news...

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I am now a DESIGN TEAM MEMBER for the gorgeous Karen at SCRAPBOOK 'N' BITS, I am so excited :-) There was a competition and we had to send in layouts using bright colours, as the DT spot was for someone who could use brights! So I sent off the below layouts and made it to the Top 5, we then had to scrap a male LO using specific criteria that Karen emailed us, my male LO is below too, I was then picked with the gorgeous Monique Follett, who does fantastic work as well, so excited!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow I will be setting the monthly challenge for March and have a DT kit on the way, can't wait to get started!!!

Also we have a Cyber Crop this coming weekend Friday the 20th, 8.30 QLD time or 7.30 VIC, NSW & TAS time, Jolene has organised some great challenges so make sure you head over to win some vouchers and play some games!!!!

Here are my three layouts that I submitted and then my male inspired LO:

I have also resigned from STUCK?! Sketches and Black Magic, I thought it was time for a change, I have been with STUCK?! since it first started, thanks for everything Sara!!!
There is also a Creative Team Call Out for Black Magic, if you want more details or want to enter please head over HERE! Applications close Feb 17th.
White with 1 are also looking for new CT Members so if you are interested here are the details....
How to apply:Send me an email (susan.longman@bigpond.com) containing the following:
a paragraph about you
2 new layouts using the white with 1 concept (colour choice is up to you)
1 layout using the February criteria
your blog address and any online gallery you have
Simple really...
Application cut off is the 17th February with applicants being notified by email and announced on the blog by the 20th ...giving you a time to create for your first reveal in March.
I have survived full time work and we are now back to normal programming, I have scrapped 3 layouts since Thursday which is the most I have done all month LOL! Cant show any of them yet as two are for the CC examples at S'n'B and the other is next months challenge example for Scrap The Girls, speaking of STG we are looking for Valentines Layouts, if you have any that you would like to share on Scrap The Girls please send them to the below email address:

We are looking for our readers to send in some Valentine inspired layouts for a special reader inspiration post, if you would like to see your layout on the STG blog and help inspire someone else we would love to see them, please email your layouts with the following information to:
Subject: Valentine Special
Due Date: 20th February 2009

Ok off to scrap some more while Matt has the kids out doing a few things, peace & quite... Bliss :-)
Mel x


share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

4 Comments »

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “Some exciting news...”

Wendy Smith said...

wow...what a big post. And you finally got your new blog template working...yay you!!

Susanne Perry said...

Congrats on the new DT possie Mel....love your work.

Liz Weber said...

Congrats on the SnB DT spot Mel, I am sure you will LOVE being on that team. Loving the layouts you submitted for the DT call - noice!

Tash Allen said...

huge congrats mel on the DT spot. have been a long time lurker here on your blog... finally I have a blogger blog (ditched the typepad one!) so now I can comment. your work is always amazing. hope you are doing well these days. xx