Finally on the mend...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Well school holidays have come and gone and the three of us, Chloe, Lily and myself were sick and spent pretty much most of it in bed LOL!
I ended up with some horrible reactions to the antibiotics I had but finally I think we are heading in the right direction.
Why is it that yourself or the kids always get sick on the school holidays?

I havent done a lot of scrapping just commitments for Stuck, Black Magic, White with 1, I am still in the running over at Scraptacular in their competition SO YOU THINK YOU CAN SCRAP, I have had heaps of fun with all three challenges so far!
I only managed one challenge over at Embellished on the weekend, they have started FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES again, which is always a heap of fun!!!

Matt is still spending his weekdays down at Coles Bay and looks like it will be that way for another couple of months, it was hard while we were sick but hopefully things will get a bit easier now!
Chloe starts swimming and trampolining back up this week, she had to put trampolining on hold during the soccer season as training was on trampolining nights so she is looking forward to that this week!
She also bought home a leaflet for Little Athletics for her school, not sure if we will sign up or not yet...
Anyhow here are some of the latest layouts that I have completed hope you like them :-)

This is week 2 for SYTYCS @ Scraptacular -
This is week 3 - This is the layout for one of the challenges at Embellished's FNG, the challenge was a monochromatic LO:
This one is for Stuck?! this week -
This one is for the 2nd challenge over at Black Magic, if you want to win yourself a Cropper Hopper Canvas Organiser head on over HERE!!!
All you need to do is create a layout using the the colours you wish from the specified colour scheme and the sketch provided and use PAINTS as your technique!!!Not sure what is going on there with the underline, I couldnt get rid of it???
So I am desperately waiting on Basic Grey's Urban Prairie and Sass Lass's new papers that I have ordered from AUS and the US cant wait to get them both and have a play, all I need is some new photos which I must do this week!
There is one more layout that I tried to upload but it kept coming up sideways so I chucked it and left it as I couldnt work out how to turn it around LOL!
I am off to watch a new show called True Blood, its a vampire show and I am totally addicted, I have been watching as soon as someone uploads as it airs on Sunday nights in the US they have only shown 3 episodes but I am hooked LOL!
Also loving the NEW 90210, Project Runway Season 5, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Supernatural and the second season of Secret Diary of a Callgirl, all of which I am watching online as I cant wait for them to reach here!

OH I almost forgot Sara from Stuck?! Sketches is looking for some new people to join the Creative Team,
"Have you ever wanted to be a Stuck?! Sketches CT member? Well now is the time to prove it. We are currently taking sign ups for a mini comp to prove just how much you want to be a Stuck?! CT member.

We will have 3 positions available for a 6 month term beginning on October 27 2008. We will accept applications from anywhere in the world whether it be Australia, the US or even Antartica hehe."
Head on over HERE to this post for more information!!!!

Anyhow will be back again to share some more layouts soon, if I manage to get anymore done LOL!

Thanks for stopping by :-)

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

4 Comments »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

4 Responses to “Finally on the mend...”

Susan Longman said...

Fabulous layouts Mel...love the one you did for embellished...the mono in orange and the little deer is so adorable...glad you are on the mend too...catchup soon X

kayla renee macaulay said...

these pages are gorgeous mel!!!
i was bummed that i didn't get to do any challenges in the friday night live for embellished
things just got crazy.

the SYTYCS comp is FUN!!

hope you are fully recovered now
I think i am catching on to it now *ick*

Hugs
Kayla ReneƩ

Wendy Smith said...

glad to see your update

Loving the scraptacular comp, and glad we are still in it..!!!!!!!

Gorgeous work as always Mel

Tamara said...

While blog-hopping last week I came across your blog, and I just wanted to say thanks for the tip about True Blood. I love it!!
I've watched all the episodes and am patiently waiting until the next one goes up today sometime.

I love you layouts too :-)

xxx
Tamara